I am new here so I will post some of my own in due course. Black and white photos just tell so much more of a story than colour photos.
*Unless noted otherwise, the below images are shared. I do not own the copyright and their sharing below is for non-commercial purposes only.
- St. Peter’s dome, Rome, Italy:
2. San Francisco, California, United States, Golden Gate Bridge:
3. Audrey Hepburn, Black and White:
4. Marilyn Monroe, Black and White:
4. Istanbul, Turkey, Dolmabahce Saray:
5. Istanbul, Turkey Gates to Dolmabahce:
6. Istanbul, Turkey Gates to Dolmabahce in Harbiye (in Colour)…snuck one in:
7. Istanbul, Turkey, the Blue Mosque in Colour (wonderful clouds in Colour):
8. Blue Mosque in Black and White:
9. 92 year old Pharmacist, Istanbul, Turkey. Looks good for her age:
10. Suleymaniye Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey:
11. Old Constantinople (Istanbul), Turkey (post card of train station circa 1940s):
12. Hagia Sophia now a museum, previous a mosque and before that a church (Black and white):
13. Topkapi Palace interior in Gray, Istanbul, Turkey:
14. Topkapi Palace grounds, Istanbul, Turkey:
15. Topkapi Palace, view of Istanbul, Turkey the Grand Seraglio of the Sublime Porte from the water:
* The phrase sublime porte is a metonym for the central government of the Ottoman Empire. It traces its roots to an alliance between Ottoman Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent and King Francis I of France in 1536.